About Student Visa
Student visa to Australia is offered to eligible candidates for allowing them to undertake graduate, post graduate, doctoral, professional, vocational, and even school level study programs. Every year more than 250,000 students on an average immigrate to this country for studying different courses and take up temporary residence. Aussizz facilitates processing of student visa to Australia for all levels.
The different categories of student visa applicable in Australia are:
Note: Those who hold a student visa with subclass numbers 570- 576, the visa will remain legitimate and the conditions will not change. However, the family members of the Student Visa holder are required to apply for a subclass 500 after July 1st 2016 in order to stay with them in Australia.
Applicants for eligibility for any of these visa subclasses must pursue a course listed in CRICOS (Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students). Candidates also must adhere to health, character, and financial pre-conditions. Proficiency in English language is mandatory. There is no upper limit to the number of student visas offered every year by Australian immigration authority. These visas stay valid for an entire curriculum as demanded by a study program. Student visas are processed in conformity with CoE (Confirmation of Enrolment) documentation submitted by your education provider. These temporary visas also must be in parity to OSHC (Overseas Student Health Cover) which ideally should cover health insurance for an entire program.
A candidate applying for a student visa might apply for secondary visas for their partners and dependent children below 18 years of age. A parent willing to accompany a student needs to apply for a 'student guardian' visa.
Candidates applying for a student visa need to go through different levels of assessment depending on country of domicile. There are five assessment levels graded 1 to 5 with 1 being the least stringent and 5 the most. For higher levels of assessment a candidate is needed to furnish more supporting documents.
Applicants need to be aware of cost involved for undergoing an academic or professional study program in Australia. Before applying for a student visa Australia, it is crucial to estimate the financial liabilities of a study program. Visa issuing authorities must be satisfied about your financial stability and ability to cover your educational costs.
Ability to Work
Student visa enables a learner to take up a job or employment for a period of forty hours a fortnight while in session, and for unlimited hours during session breaks. Secondary visa holders are eligible to work only for forty hours per fortnight. Research students travelling on Visa 574 are eligible to work unlimited hours on commencement of their Masters or Doctoral courses. Even secondary visa holders accompanying research scholars are allowed to work for unlimited hours.
GTE (Genuine Temporary Entrant) requirement
Under this head an applicant is required to indicate his/her intention of immigration to Australia. Factors considered under this assessment are:
- Immigration history of applicant
- Potential circumstances of applicant after moving to Australia
- Existing environment in applicant's country of origin
- Significance of study program undertaken for applicant
- Any other relevant factors that might influence your Australian immigration
How do I know I am eligible for an Australian Student Visa?
- You have the required academic score in your HSC or bachelor education
- You have genuine evidences against your gap in between education
- You have to have sufficient funds to pay for your tuition, your plane tickets and to support yourself and your accompanying family members throughout your stay in Australia.
- You have to have sufficient English level to be able to complete the course.
- Be of good health and character
Why choose Aussizz Group?
We are registered MARA agents and certified Australian education and immigration counselors with three offices in Australia and more than 7 years of experience. You may log on to www.aussizzgroup.com for more info.
What kind of course can I book?
You can book any course, as long as it's registered with the Australian Government to organize courses for overseas students.
How long will my visa take to process?
Most student visas take approximately 4-6 weeks to process, however the timeframes vary depending on Immigration. But the official time period is 12 weeks.
What is the average salary in Australia?
Minimum wage rate is AUD18 per hour. You may earn less or more than this depending upon the employer and prevailing situations. You may earn around AUD22,000 per year even if you work part time the whole year.
How do I prepare for the university/visa interview?
- Prepare your own Statement of Purpose, know about university, course, city/state in Australia and the career opportunities after your education
- Aussizz Group helps you with sample questions and answers and mock-interview sessions at the office
Will my visa be affected if I change my course after landing?
- Before changing the course, you must be aware of your visa conditions and ensure that you continue to meet the conditions of student visa. Changing your course may have an effect on your student visa.
- Please note the condition 8516 of your student visa.
"You must continue to satisfy the requirements for grant of your student visa. This means, for example, that your main course of study MUST continue to be a course in the education sector that matches your student visa."
- If you intend to transfer from a course in (for example) visa subclass 573 to a course in visa subclass 572, you will need to apply for a new visa and it may not be approved.
At Aussizz we are extremely meticulous in assessing and counselling applicants for student visa to Australia. We deal each case with care and sincerity thereby enabling us to offer justifiable educational options to eligible candidates.